Animal Ordinances in Grapevine were amended in November to promote the health, safety, and well-being of animals, and we, at Animal Services, want to share some of the highlights to Chapter 6-Animals and Fowl, and Chapter 16-Parks and Recreation. Click for the full Code of Ordinances.
We have provided the Sections for each topic mentioned below.
- Animal Services may remove any animal left unattended in a closed car that does not have proper ventilation and temperature control. (Sec. 6-14)
- Dogs should only be tethered for temporary situations, such as grooming, veterinary visits, or when accessing recreational areas or events. (Sec. 6-14)
- Pet owners with 5 or more dogs or cats, over 4 months old, are to contact Animal Services. (Sec. 6-20)
- Adoptable animals through Grapevine Animal Services may be spayed, neutered, rabies vaccinated, and microchipped before adoption. (Sec. 6-22)
- Animal waste is prohibited in parks, on trails, or other places open to the public. Pet owners are to collect and dispose of their pet’s waste from public areas. (Sec. 6-16)
- All animals should be on a leash under six feet in length, or otherwise under physical restraint at all times while in developed recreation areas. (Sec. 16-47)
Friendly Reminders for Responsible Pet Owners:
- Keep dogs on a leash when outside of the Off Leash Dog Park
- Pick up and properly dispose of your pet’s waste
- Excessive barking can be disruptive for neighbors and may be in violation of City ordinance (Sec. 6-3, Sec. 12-89, 4)
- Cat & dog microchipping can be acquired at Grapevine Animal Services
- Dogs and cats must be vaccinated against rabies and must wear a rabies tag
- Report ALL animal bites to Animal Services (817.410.3370)
- Animals need access to shade and a shelter, with adequate food & water, that protects against wind, rain, snow, heat, etc.